Sunday, December 18, 2011

Stuffed!

We eat bread - the store bought kind, not homemade - most days of the week. Sunday breakfast is usually my responsibility and I like to make omlettes or pancakes but today I was just not feeling up to it. So I tactfully manipulated my mother into making us some chiura ko pulao. 


Nana's chiura ko pulao and salad and mummy's lapsi ko achar

My mother has the most awful taste in table cloths. We keeeeeeep fighting over it all the time. Her taste in table mats is similar. We have those ugly, plasticy, gaudy looking mats that curb all appetite. So I got out our special for-when-the-guests-are-home-for-dinner-mat to put underneath my breakfast plate. And, of course, my mother started screaming - Nanu!!! Najhikna!! And then I phakaosed phuslaosed her by telling her it's for my blog (but honestly, it's another thing eating in a place with ambiance).

Anyway, the food was so, so, so good. Hearty Nepali breakfast - and I stuffed myself. As did everyone else at the table. Ahhh, bliss!

Wishing for days with a better camera. But this picture isn't that bad, is it? :)

4 comments:

  1. woah. i came here after two days and so many posts :D oh, and the picture looks amazing. i love the look of that salad. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaaha youre so funny ..the table mats cracked me up. want to read more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. uff. please. this is me being a total you.

    everytime such incidents happen i think of you. haha.

    ReplyDelete